Leading other people can be a daunting and even frightening experience. Faced with strong-willed personalities, little to no authority, demanding bosses, under-performing team members, short deadlines and long hours, many managers quickly realize they’ve never been trained to deal with the realities of leadership. Anyone who has ever led a team has probably probably faced some self-doubt about their ability to be the one “up front.” You may have even asked:
“Can I really lead this team?”
“Will they follow my lead?”
That lack of confidence can cause high stress, and tentative performance, but it doesn’t have to be that way!
The Confident Leader Workshop™ will provide you with critical leadership skills to boost your confidence and up your game as a leader so you’ll get the results you are striving for.
Two days of intense exploration of your responsibilities as a leader:
- Basic Training for Leaders: A discovery workshop for skills every leader needs to know. Explore topics like “What is this thing called leadership”, “How do I get my point across?”, “How do I establish the best relationship with my team?”, and “What makes a great leader?”
- Leader, Know Yourself: The fundamental knowledge many leaders lack is a thorough understanding of themselves. Gain insight into yourself and your interactions with others. Using a revolutionary behavioral profiling system, you’ll discover that most of the individuals you interact with are wired differently than you are and understand the most common challenges dealing with people who hold different perspectives. You will gain insight into what makes people tick, what motivates them, how they deal with stress, how they prefer people interact with others and what jobs and activities they like most or find frustrating.
- Your Leadership Philosophy: Begin developing your leadership philosophy, a written document that describes what you believe as a leader, your vision for the team and the team’s mission. Examine your own values and determine what you expect from your team and what they can expect from you. Developing a leadership philosophy is one of the most important and valuable steps you can take to start off on the right foot with your new team or improve your effectiveness leading your existing team.
- Owning the Results: Accountability is a topic that trips up leaders at all experience levels. Learn to “own” your team’s results, no matter what. Face the reality that leaders are often faced with broken promises and violated expectations. Learn the causes of these situations and how to handle them. Hint: it’s not always about them!
This isn’t a lecture course. When you register we will send you pre-work so you come to the workshop ready to jump in and learn. During the workshop you will be fully engaged in group exercises, role-playing, and lively discussions. We don’t throw the latest leadership theory at you, then leave you wondering what to do with it. You will develop concrete action plans to apply lessons-learned to your professional life.
As the name implies, you will return to work with a boost of confidence in your abilities as a leader. That confidence is palpable to those you lead and will lay the foundation upon which to build a successful leadership journey.
We are dedicated to making our courses life-changing events. To ensure you get the most out of your experience, we provide the following post-event bonuses:
Bonus #1 – Online Webinar: Meet with members of your class and your facilitator to review your finished leadership philosophy in an online webinar. This is your opportunity to fine tune your leadership philosophy and practice delivering it in a low-threat environment.
Bonus #2 – Private Coaching: About 30 days after the course you will have a private coaching session with the facilitator to discuss how you are implementing your lessons-learned.
Workshop participants receive:
- A workbook with all course material to include lessons, self-assessments and your action plans to incorporate the material into your professional life
- A personalized behavioral profile report
- Extreme Ownership, Jocko Willink and Leif Babin, St Martin’s Press NY, 2015
- Crucial Accountability, Patterson, Grenny, Maxfield, McMillan, Switzler, McGraw-Hill, NY, 2013
- The leadership learning experience of a lifetime!
Your course facilitators bring a wide range of military and corporate leadership experience to the course. Though they’ve studied leadership extensively, they also have wide-ranging experience where theory meets reality. They are adept at weaving your real-life situations into the fabric of the course so your experience is as meaningful as possible. Click HERE for more information about your course facilitators.
Qualifies for at least 18 Professional Development Units (PDUs) from the Project Management Institute