Strategic planning is one of a leader’s most important responsibilities. Unfortunately, in today’s fast paced world, there are more and more voices saying strategic planning not only isn’t necessary, but is counter-productive.
Strategic planning is essential.
A good strategic plan:
- Provides the foundation for everything else the organization does. It is not a complete business plan or a marketing plan but should be the basis upon which those documents are built.
- Puts everyone on the same path. It helps each member of the organization understand why the organization exists, what it does, and how each person is essential to success. Do all your people know that?
- Moves your company forward, preventing the stagnation that occurs when there are no challenging, far-reaching goals.
- Keeps the company’s leadership focused on what’s really important.
- Allows for the flexibility necessary to operate in today’s fast-paced, ever-changing world.
- Is not complex and does not take weeks, months, or years to accomplish.
The Plan to Excel Model™ is the result of more than 20 years of creating strategic plans. The commonly accepted models are either too complex to be useful, or are two simplified to be meaningful. A plan that takes months to create and is to complex for those who have to implement will it not be effective.
Likewise, can you really put your company’s plan for success on a single page?
The Plan to Excel Model™ isn’t overly complicated or overly simplified. Instead it uses a proven process to help your company create a fundmental plan that will be the basis for accerlerated success.
We want you and your organization to succeed and we’re so sure that the Plan to Excel Model™ will accelerate your organization to new heights that we will give you an electronic copy of the new edition of Planning to Excel: Strategic Planning That Works if you send an email requesting a free telephone consult. As soon as we set up a time, you’ll receive the file. The consult and book are completely free and you’re under no obligation to go any further, but we believe you’ll want this for your company.
Before our initial consult, read the book and jot down some notes about your vision for your company or team and its mission. Then, after the initial consult, we’ll schedule a week to create your strategic plan.
Only a week? That’s right. It’s a very intense 4-5 days requiring you and your leadership team to dedicate your time and do some preliminary work. Experience has proven that one of the reasons strategic planning fails is that the process is carried on for too long and is overcome by other events that become a priority. By using such an intense schedule, we can quickly build momentum and complete the plan before that happens.
Planning to Excel™ meets the requirements for completion of objectives L1 and L2 of the NBAA Professional Development Program.
Bob has brought simplicity to what has previously been a “complicated” process. KH
The strategic planning model has been invaluable as our organization continues to grow and succeed. K.D. Executive Director